The Helm was created to rethink how people invest in women. We bring you the latest female-founded products and companies, tell you why they matter and connect you with ways to support them directly.
We are building a robust online and offline community, venture fund, and contextual commerce platform; a one-stop-shop where people can invest directly—in a variety of ways— in the next wave of innovations built and led by women.
This is a full-time, senior position at The Helm and will play a significant role in shaping the direction and success of The Helm’s content strategy. Fully realized, The Helm will be the go-to place for content focused on female founders, female-founded companies, and investors.
The Managing Editor brings a combination of deep creative vision, a broad understanding of and connection to the most exciting and fresh content creators, big-picture thinking, and an obsession with details and project management. This person will be able to fluently translate the mission of The Helm into a rich and engaging digital content strategy that is representative of our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
This role reports to the CEO and is based in New York City.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Create a digital content strategy and editorial calendar
- Create a budget, work plan and timeline for the rollout of content expansion
- Manage a digital editorial team; manage design firm and web developer
- Identify, engage and manage writers, contributors, and influencers
- Identify creative solutions to content needs
- Create a strategy for engaging sponsors and advertisers in The Helm’s content
- Inspire big-picture creative thinking from the entire team so that all staff are engaged in content creation
Competencies and Qualifications
- BA in a relevant field
- Creative, ready to think outside the box and iterate and evolve strategy
- Deep understanding of the landscape of content creation
- At least five years of experience working on digital content and strategy management
- Relevant experience working with senior staff to manage a business and project objectives
- Eagerness to be a collaborative member of an ambitious team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, placing a high priority on accuracy and organization
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to set priorities, multi-task and monitor workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a faced-paced, rapidly changing environment
Why We Think You’ll Love Working With Us
- You will be an important part of a team that is having real social impact – it’s baked into all of the work we do.
- You will be helping us change the experience of investing in women-led companies.
- You will meet exceptional people and be a part of a company that is bringing them together.
- We will respect your work-life balance because we need it too. We will set boundaries, take time off when we can and build our lives while we build this company.
- As the company builds and evolves, we are not just open to, but excited about, your own growth within the company and building the right team around you to support that growth.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Please email email@example.com with your resume to apply. Please include the position title in the subject line.