Part-Time Social Media Manager
The Helm was created to rethink how people invest in women. We bring you the latest female-founded products and companies, tell you why they matter and connect you with ways to support them directly.
We are building a robust online and offline community, venture fund, and contextual commerce platform; a one-stop-shop where people can invest directly—in a variety of ways— in the next wave of innovations built and led by women.
This is a part-time position at The Helm. Candidates should be available to work in the office in NYC three days a week.
The Social Media Manager’s primary role will be to develop, execute, grow and oversee The Helm’s social media presence. This person should be creative, organized, and skilled in both big-picture thinking and attention to detail.
This role reports to the Head of Growth and Digital Editorial Director.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, with a particular focus on audience acquisition
- Create a comprehensive social media calendar fulfilling needs from editorial, ecommerce, and ad sales.
- Write and execute strategic posting cadence as well as live events and activations.
- Use data tools and audience insights to produce key metrics in weekly reporting and optimize strategy accordingly
- Create UGC campaigns, influencer partnerships, and more.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years of experience executing in a social media specific role
- BA in relevant field
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- A discriminating visual eye
- Comfortable with analytics and reporting (including familiarity with Google Analytics and social publishing tools)
- Creative and ready to think outside the box
- Capable leader and manager of interns or other entry-level talent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to be a collaborative member of an ambitious team
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to set priorities, multi-task and monitor workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a faced-paced, rapidly changing environment
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- You will be an important part of a team that is having real social impact – it’s baked into all of the work we do.
- You will be helping us change the experience of investing in women-led companies.
- You will meet exceptional people and be a part of a company that is bringing them together.
- We will respect your work-life balance, because we need it too. We will set boundaries, take time off when we can and build our lives while we build this company.
- As the company builds and evolves, we are not just open to, but excited about, your own growth within the company and building the right team to support that growth.
To apply: Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.